Welcome!

I hope you have as much fun trying these recipes as I have had posting them. I love to cook and I love to share recipes with others... please feel free to try any and leave some love as you do! Also feel free to share any that you have, I'm willing to try anything new! The kitchen really is fun with a little love and laughter.... and some dancing!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Crunchy Parmesan Baked Chicken

Last night was our first adventure trying out BYU's The Food Nanny's recipes. I had seen this recipe on one of the two episodes I watched and it looked easy and yummy... and let me tell you. It was SO easy, and SO delicious. My husband was RAVING about it and said it was a keeper! I had a really long and trying day yesterday, one that ended up making an emergency trip to the phone store an hour away. By the time we got home I was exhausted and didn't really want to cook anything. But I had pulled chicken out of the freezer that morning, and I knew I had to do something with it. This was such a quick throw-together meal. We had marinara sauce on the side to dip, but I ended up not dipping them at all. They were that good.

Crunchy Parmesan Baked Chicken


1-2C Buttermilk
1/2C grated Parmesan Cheese
Chicken Breast tenders (buy breasts on sale in bulk, freeze in double ziplock baggies and cut them up yourself. Save $$ - I used one large chicken breast, it filled up my baking dish and could've fed 3 people)
pinch of salt
2C Panko bread crumbs
2 tsp Garlic Salt
half stick of butter, melted

Preheat oven to 400. Grease an oblong baking pan. Pour the buttermilk into a wide shallow dish or pie plate. Mix the Panko, cheese and garlic salt in another shallow dish or pie plate. Roll each piece of chicken in the buttermilk then dredge in the Panko mixture to coat. Arrange in the prepared baking pan. Drizzle the butter over all. Bake for about 30 minutes, until the chicken is tender and no longer pink. Sprinkle with salt to taste.


YUM!!! Food Nanny, I {heart} you!

No comments: