Welcome!

I hope you have as much fun trying these recipes as I have had posting them. I love to cook and I love to share recipes with others... please feel free to try any and leave some love as you do! Also feel free to share any that you have, I'm willing to try anything new! The kitchen really is fun with a little love and laughter.... and some dancing!

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Taco Soup


I KNEW Winter wasn't over... last week was just a teaser! Everyone was saying, "Yay, Winter's over... welcome Spring!" Not me. I knew it wasn't over...
BUT... making up my 2 week menu plan a week ago, I was a little nervous putting "Taco Soup" down for tonight's dinner. What if it were a beautiful 70 degree sunny day and we craved outside BBQ? Oh well... I put it on the calendar... and lo and behold... it was cold and windy today, making for the PERFECT stay-inside-and-cook-soup day! And what an easy, delicious soup it is! I got the recipe from my Relief Society's blog, and tweaked it a bit to make it my own. I didn't really measure the spices, but I did start out with 1 pkg Taco seasoning. By the time I added the other ingredients, it just wasn't "taco-ey" enough for me. By the time I deemed it "perfect" I probably had used a whole 2nd package. Start with one package and taste as you go.... until you find your "perfect" pot of soup!
I gotta say one thing... this is the one meal my husband actually gobbled down without talking or gawking at the TV. He finished before I did! It was amazing!!


Taco Soup

Ingredients:

1lb ground hamburger
1 onion, diced
1tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1pkg. Taco seasoning
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
1 can corn, drained
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 can garbanzo beans, drained
1 can great northern beans, drained
3 C water
salt and pepper

Instructions:

Brown hamburger with onions. Drain oil. Add a little salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Add taco seasoning. Transfer to a large stock pot. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Allow to simmer for 20-40 minutes. Enjoy with sour cream, shredded cheese and Fritos chips.

*Could also throw everything into a crock pot and cook on Low for 6-8hrs.

No comments: