Welcome!

I hope you have as much fun trying these recipes as I have had posting them. I love to cook and I love to share recipes with others... please feel free to try any and leave some love as you do! Also feel free to share any that you have, I'm willing to try anything new! The kitchen really is fun with a little love and laughter.... and some dancing!

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Another Fruit Leather: Peach, Pineapple, Mango and Orange!


Monday was a HUGE grocery shopping day for our family. I picked up some Mango/Peach Applesauce for my son, and some canned peaches and a pineapple (among other things), and I had some mandarin oranges left over in the fridge. I thought, "Hey! These might actually be really tasty as a fruit leather!" So I tried it. And.... it's a hit!

Any suggestions on a name for it? Peach, Pineapple, Mango and Orange is a bit long....

PPMO Fruit Leather

Ingredients:

3 Cups of Peach Mango Applesauce
1 Can Sliced Peaches
1/2 Fresh, diced Pineapple
1/4C canned Mandarin Oranges

1. In a blender, combine fruits and puree until smooth. Add the applesauce and continue to puree. Add a little water if too thick, or more applesauce if too thin.
2. Prepare fruit roll trays by rubbing a little oil with a paper towel all over them.
3. Carefully pour mixture onto tray (will make two trays!) and use a spoon to spread out.
4. Set dehydrator accordingly. (Mine should have been 135 for 4-8 hours, but I dried it with one last tray of jerky, so I had it at 155 for 10 hours! Needless to say, it was more like fruit chips than leather! But still tasty! )
5. Cut into pieces and roll up into plastic wrap.

No comments: