Welcome!

I hope you have as much fun trying these recipes as I have had posting them. I love to cook and I love to share recipes with others... please feel free to try any and leave some love as you do! Also feel free to share any that you have, I'm willing to try anything new! The kitchen really is fun with a little love and laughter.... and some dancing!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Iron Chef - my way

Secret Ingredient: Ground Italian Sausage - mild.
The Meals: Butternut Squash with Stove Top/Sausage and Biscuits and Gravy.


(My husband doesn't eat squash OR stove top and it's one of my favorite meals in the fall/winter so I needed a solution for last Friday's dinner. Since I knew I would only need a little bit of cooked sausage for my Squash, I searched for a good sausage meal to make for him. It was a little hectic trying to get 2 completely different meals cooked at the same time... but I did it and they were both delicious!! )

Butternut Squash with Stuffing and Sausage

Ingredients:

1 Butternut squash
1 box of Stove Top Stuffing
1/2lb. Italian Sausage
Shredded cheese
2TBS. butter/margarine
Salt and Pepper

Instructions:

1. Pre-heat oven to 375. Cut squash in half lengthwise and spoon out seeds. Cut each half in half and place cut side down in large baking dish. Pour a little water in the bottom of your pan. Bake for 30-55min. until a fork can easily be inserted.
2. Meanwhile, brown sausage and prepare stove top. Combine and set aside.
3. Take squash out of oven and allow to cool a few minutes. Drain water from pan and turn squash quarters over so flesh side is up.
4. Sprinkle each quarter with a little salt and pepper and rub a little butter over each. Spoon stuffing mixture onto each and sprinkle cheese on top.
5. Bake an additional 10-15 minutes until cheese is golden.
Enjoy!!


**********************************************************************

Biscuits and Gravy


Ingredients:

1 pkg. Biscuits
3/4lbs. sausage (the fattier, the better)
4C milk
4-8 TBS flour

Instructions:

Prepare biscuits as instructed on package. Brown sausage in skillet. As soon as sausage is completely brown, turn to medium heat. Add flour by the tablespoon, stirring constantly. Let the flour BROWN before adding another tablespoon (if you don't, your gravy will taste like flour). After you have added enough flour to make the gravy as thick as you like, whisk in the milk. It will thicken as it cools.

No comments: