Welcome!

I hope you have as much fun trying these recipes as I have had posting them. I love to cook and I love to share recipes with others... please feel free to try any and leave some love as you do! Also feel free to share any that you have, I'm willing to try anything new! The kitchen really is fun with a little love and laughter.... and some dancing!

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day #1 of Thanksgiving Posts

With only 11 days left until Thanksgiving (I know!!!) I thought I better get my tooshie into gear and get some goodies posted for you! Each day until Thanksgiving Eve, I will have a new recipe for you to help prepare you for the big Turkey day!
Today's recipe is one I just found... and I think I'm going to try it this year! It looks so good! I can't really tell you where I got the recipe, sadly. I found it on an old card (you know those ones you get as freebies in the mail when they want you to sign up for the whole program?!) tonight while I was preparing a Christmas gift!


GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE

Ingredients:

1 1/2 TBS butter

3TBS all-purpose flour

1 1/2 C milk

3-4 tsp dry ranch salad dressing mix

1/4– 1/2tsp white pepper

1C chopped onion

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 1/2C sliced fresh mushrooms

1 1/4lbs fresh green beans, cooked until crisp-tender

1C fresh bread crumbs, toasted

Instructions:

To make white sauce, melt butter in small saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour; cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Using wire whisk, stir in milk; bring to a boil. Cook, whisking constantly, 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in dressing mix and white pepper; set aside.

Preheat oven to 350. Spray medium skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Remove half of onion mixture, set aside.

Add mushrooms to onion mixture remaining in skillet and cook about 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Combine mushroom mixture, green beans and white sauce in 1 1/2qt. casserole dish. Combine bread crumbs with reserved onion mixture; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, until heated through, about 20 to 30 minutes.



Stay tuned for another recipe tomorrow!!! :) It's gonna be good!

No comments: