Welcome!

I hope you have as much fun trying these recipes as I have had posting them. I love to cook and I love to share recipes with others... please feel free to try any and leave some love as you do! Also feel free to share any that you have, I'm willing to try anything new! The kitchen really is fun with a little love and laughter.... and some dancing!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day #10 of Thanksgiving Posts: The Grande Finale!

And now for the piece de resistance! Cran-Apple Crisp!!


You know what's great about this dish? You can serve it up hot with ice cream or whipped cream for a dessert. Or serve it warm/hot with plain or vanilla yogurt for breakfast. I couldn't wait any longer, so I took a bite straight out of the oven... OUCH! Yeah, word to the wise, let it cool a little before tasting! Even though it burned all the way down, it was DELICIOUS!!!

**The recipe calls for 5-6C apples and 1C cranberries. I only used 3 apples, not sure how many cups that made; and I used a whole 12oz bag of cranberries. Do what you need. It will all work out in the end! :)

Ingredients:

1/3 to 1/2C sugar
3TBS corn starch
1tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2tsp ground nutmeg
5-6C peeled, cubed tart apples
1C fresh or frozen cranberries
1/2C light corn syrup
1tsp grated orange peel

Topping:
1/2C chopped walnuts or uncooked oats
1/3C packed brown sugar
1/4C all-purpose flour
1/4C (1/2stick) butter

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a large bowl, combine sugar, corn starch, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add apples, cranberries, corn syrup and orange peel; toss to mix well. Spoon into shallow 2qt baking dish.
3. For topping, combine nuts, brown sugar and flour. With pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in margarine until mixture resembles very course crumbs. Sprinkle over cranberry mixture.
4. Bake 50 minutes or until apples are tender and juices that bubble up in the center are shiny and clear. Cool slightly; serve warm.



I hope everyone has a safe and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
I'm thankful for my family, friends, and all of you wonderful readers!!

No comments: