Welcome!

I hope you have as much fun trying these recipes as I have had posting them. I love to cook and I love to share recipes with others... please feel free to try any and leave some love as you do! Also feel free to share any that you have, I'm willing to try anything new! The kitchen really is fun with a little love and laughter.... and some dancing!

Monday, November 15, 2010

Day #3 of Thanksgiving Posts: Rolls


These babies aren't just rolls, they're WHOLE-WHEAT rolls. What could be better? Honestly, I think my favorite part of Thanksgiving Dinner is the roll(s) covered in Turkey gravy. Pure deliciousness.
If you're like me you'll probably just grab a bag of Rhodes frozen rolls (is there anything more delicious on the planet? I think not!). But some of you out there might be Super Moms (and Dads) and might to the extra mile and make your own. If you do, MORE POWER TO YA! I honestly don't know the first thing about making bread. I'll leave that to the wonderful, genius people at Rhodes (which you can't buy in San Diego, darn!)

Whole-Wheat Dinner Rolls


Ingredients:

1/2oz active dry yeast
2 1/4C warm water
1/4C shortening
2 eggs
1/2C +1tsp sugar
2 tsp salt
3C whole wheat flour
3 1/2-4C all-purpose flour
1/4C butter, melted

Instructions:

In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the shortening, eggs, sugar, salt and whole wheat flour; beat until smooth. Add enough all-purpose flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8min. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch dough down, divide into 4 portions; shape into 12 balls. Place 1in apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 25 min. Bake at 375 for 11-15min or until browned. Brush with butter.
Makes 4 dozen.

No comments: