Welcome!

I hope you have as much fun trying these recipes as I have had posting them. I love to cook and I love to share recipes with others... please feel free to try any and leave some love as you do! Also feel free to share any that you have, I'm willing to try anything new! The kitchen really is fun with a little love and laughter.... and some dancing!

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day #2 of Thanksgiving Posts: Potatoes


What's Thanksgiving Dinner without a potato dish? My opinion? NOTHING!!! :) I haven't yet tried this recipe, but I plan to very soon, maybe even for my own T-Day Dinner! I know, I know, I always say something that's really GREAT about each of my recipes... and today is no different! :) This recipe (that comes from Jessica Seinfeld's book, Deceptively Delicious) contains a super great ingredient.... Cauliflower puree! Can I just say I've had cauliflower in a potato-like setting before and it was so delicious! I'm sure your picky eaters (and mine too!) will still love this dish!

Ingredients:

1lb. Baking potatoes, peeled and cubed

1 tsp. salt

1/2 C cauliflower puree

2TBS soft margarine

1/2C low fat buttermilk

Instructions:

1. Put the potatoes and salt in a large pot and add enough water to cover by about 3 inches. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain well.

2. Set a potato ricer over the pot and pass the potatoes through in batches, or return to pot and mash with potato masher. Add the cauliflower puree, margarine, and buttermilk, and beat with a large spoon until the potatoes are smooth and creamy.

No comments: